This call returns: APPROACH_COORDINATES
The AI than hat to use "setDestinationFromCoordinates" to upload the coordinates. Than "performFaceDestination" to turn to this destination.
This call "setPlanetPatrolCoordinates " is only mend for station patrol. It counts how much it is called for and than gives an answer.
1st call: go to 5km ahead of the main station 2nd call: go to 25km N of the main station 3th call: go to 25km E of the main station 4th call: go to 25km S of the main station 5th call: go to 25km W of the main station
After the 5t call it has 25% change of changing the AI to "dockingAI.plist" The other 75% it restarts the loop from the 2nd call.
Since Oolite 1.73 this command is using the "mother station" of the caller instead of the "main station". This enables to launch a local patrol ship from any station. When the caller has no mother station, it will default to main station.
Go back to: OXP howto AI