This OXP adds both new Ships and a Mission. The OXP was written by Murgh. This Updated version features a Bug Fix, which will stop the OXP clashing with other missions. The updated version of Military OXP posted here is Version 2. This is an updated version over the version on Oosat2. If you are using the old version from Oosat2, it is important that you update to the latest version.
This OXP equips the Galactic Navy with the powerful Leviathan Cruiser, supported by the Military Wolf Mk II Paragon, the Basilisk, the Hydra and the Rattle Cutter. Clicking the links for these ships will take you to a Wiki page giving further information.
These high specification military craft are occasionally seen in the space lanes, and sometimes in Witch Space fighting the Thargoid menace. The design plans of these uber-ships are closely guarded military secrets, kept in high security vaults aboard armed Military Stations. GalCop firmly denies rumors that these ships have ever fallen into the hands of non-military personal.
The mission added by this OXP is available to law-abiding Commanders with more than 1,000 kills. The new vessels are added to the game as soon as the OXP is installed.
If you have the old version of Murgh’s X-Ships OXP installed (downloaded from Oosat1), you should delete it and replace it with the updated version from Oosat2. The Military OXP will not work properly with the old version of Murgh’s X-Ships. You can download the updated version of Murgh’s X-Ships from the links on the Wiki OXP page, or by clicking here.
Wolf Mk II
Download: Military Fiasco Version 2.5.3 for Oolite versions 1.74 and upwards (updated 3 November 2013)
"Iron Ass". The ships added by the OXP are exceptionally powerful military specification craft. These ships are generally only available to the GalCop Navy, but very rarely these ships are seen in the hands of felons flying a stolen Military ship!
Criminals (including the player of course) may find themselves in the cross-hairs of one of these lethal military death machines. There is a small chance that even an innocent trader may encounter a pirate flying a stolen military ship. The mission featured by the OXP (should you chose to accept it) pits the Commander against some very nasty ships. The ships added by the OXP are tough. If you are attacked by one, you should run away (terribly fast) unless you have an Iron Ass. You may want to wait until you have a reasonably well equipped ship before installing this OXP.
- Version 2.5.3 Fixed a but that showed update info before the mission started.
- Version 2.5.2 Updated to work with Oolite 1.75. Older versions work not correct with 1.75. No new functions.
- Version 2.5 Raised minimum Oolite to 1.74. Adapted the mission screen for the new 1.74 method. No new functions.
- Version 2.4.3 Removed a bug with the initial mission offer that only affected oolite 1.65 and was present since version 2.2
- Version 2.4.2 Made it 1.72 & 1.73 compatible.
- Version 2.4.1 removes a bug that causes hangs on witchspace jumping with oolite 1.71.2. (actually an Oolite bug)
- Version 2.4 is a translations to Java Script. Nothing new is added. This version also restart the mission randomly after ending.
- Version 2.1 has a rearranged legacy code so it will use a minimum of script evaluation after the missions are completed and the OXP stays in place to be able to use the added ships.
Installing and Playing
To play the OXP, unzip the download file. This will create a folder named "Military Fiasco". Open this folder and you will see a folder named "Military Fiasco.oxp" and a readme. Move the "Military Fiasco.oxp" folder to AddOns. As with all OXPs, it’s the folder ending .oxp that you need to put in Oolite's AddOns folder, otherwise Oolite will not read it.
|2.5.3||2013-11-03||(C)2007-2013||Adds military ships and a mission||Missions OXPs||Murgh||BB-Link|