A simple little OXP that will create a pair of jump-gates in higher technology (8+) and stable government (Communist or better) systems. For a small fee of 250 credits per journey, these will take you instantaneously between the area of the system station and the witchpoint.
Originally based on captured alien technology, these have been developed by GalCop initially for military and police usage but are now open to civilian traders and other travellers too. Most gates are of the current standard design (known colloquially as the "Spider variant" due to its resemblance to a tarantula), but some of the newer and more compact design known as "rose gates" (from their resemblance to a flower) and even occasional captured and reprogrammed alien jump gates may be found.
The gates inner diameter is 250m, to help judge if your ship will fit or not ;)
This OXP is released under the Creative Commons Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike 3.0 license with the following clauses:
- Whilst you are free (and encouraged) to re-use any of the scripting, models or texturing in this OXP, the usage must be distinct from that within this OXP. Unique identifiers such as (but not limited to) unique shipdata.plist entity keys, mission variables, script names (this.name), equipment identity strings (EQ_), description list arrays and entity roles must not be re-used without prior agreement. Basically if it's unique or would identify or overwrite anything in the original OXP, then you may not re-use it (for obvious compatibility reasons).
- rebundling of this OXP within another distribution is permitted as long as it is unchanged. The following derivates however are permitted and except from the above:
- the conversion of files between XML and openStep.
- the merging of files with other files of the same type from other OXPs.
- The license information (either as this file or merged into a larger one) must be included in the OXP.
- Even though it is not compulsory, if you are re-using any sizable or recognisable piece of this OXP, please let me know :)
This OXP requires at least test version 1.74 of Oolite. Note that currently it is not compatible with v1.74 trunk.
Gates v1.13 can be downloaded from Box.Net by clicking on the link.
- With thanks to Frame for both the initial inspiration for the design (from Solar System 0.1 beta) and also for his pioneering use of ownProperties scripting in bounty scanner, which is re-used here.
- And a follow-on nod to Eric Walch for reminding me of the latter above, and to another_commander for encouragement to issue this OXP.