Cabal Common Library Doc Keyboard
This is the main class for the keyboard with its members and part of the Cabal_Common_Library.
The keyboard is fairly simple to use and requires only a worldScripts call with a few parameters. Optionally, the calling script can provide a callback which is executed when the user has finished entering characters. Everything else performed within the script. The keyboard itself ships 4 different modes (Alphanumeric, Alphabetic, Numeric and Hexadecimal).
A keyboard can only be called when the player is docked! Please also note, that missionchoices are a bit tricky and may require a workaround if you are calling another mission screen with choices in the callback function.
Missionscreens in Cabal_Common_Keyboard.js are using the screenID (v1.7.1+)
- See start()
|worldScripts.Cabal_Common_Keyboard( who, min, mode, scpic, scovl, scmod )|
Starts the keyboard handling, creates the keyboard object and calls keyboardShow(). If ‘who’ is specified the script will callback after completing or aborting.
- String. The name of a worldScript which implements the keyboard callback.
- Number. Optional - minimum length for completion, default(4).
- Number. Optional - 1(only alphabetical), 2(only numeric), 3(hexadecimal), default 4(alphanumeric).
- String. Optional. Name for screenbackground build upon scpic + suffix. The mode defines which one will be used.
- String. Optional. Filename for screenoverlay (with fileextension). Default null.
- String. Optional. Role for the used model. Default ‘cabal_common_key’.
Suffixes are :
- 1 - ‘_keyboard_alpha.png’
- 2 - ‘_keyboard_nums.png’
- 3 - ‘_keyboard_hex.png’
- 4 - ‘_keyboard.png’
- See keyboardChoice() for the callback.
|worldScripts.Cabal_Common_Keyboard.keyboardEval = function( choice )|
Workaround to change the context of this!!! It simply passes the choice to keyboardChoice().
- String. Passed parameter from Oolite.
|worldScripts.Cabal_Common_Keyboard.keyboardChoice = function( choice )|
Evaluates the user choice. When keyboard.toCall is specified and user confirms or aborts the keyboard input.
- - String. if user aborts.
- keyboard.input - String. If user confirmed input.
- String. Passed parameter from Oolite, passed through keyboardEval().