Baakili Far Trader
|Baakili Far Trader|
|Cargo bay extension|
|Energy recharge rate|
|Shield boosters available|
|Military shields available|
|OXP or standard||OXP|
|Available to player||No|
Baakili Far Trader OXP
This OXP adds an enigmatic alien race to the Ooniverse. These aliens fly gigantic, weird-looking spaceships and trade, as they say: "in information, sometimes esoteric, but always accurate".
Inspired by a charecter found in Paul Neurath's Space Rogue (Origin 1989).
Released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
The mysterious Baakili value information above all else, so only a few select items of usual trader cargo is accepted. The rumours of sentients dropped near GalCop stations in remote systems with certain period of their lives erased from their memories are yet to be confirmed.
Finding one and Trading
If you have an Advanced Space Compass, Baakili Nav Buoy is shown as U.
To initiate trade procedure, approach from behind - when you're close enough, you'll be transported to the trading area.
Baakili Far Trader has the role "bigTrader" in the role set, so it can be summoned by the Big Ships OXP. Even then the Baakili will behave in their own way.
Bigships_1.0.2.zip included in the download.
2.0 - current version: Download v 2.0 from Box.com
- uses shaders via Oolite's materials model
- added Baakili to pirate-victim-roles.plist
1.2 - second bugfix: Download v 1.2 direct from Zieman's website
- fixed problems that prevented the use of custom commodities.plist
- now the Baakili gets unique commodity market as intended, both when spawned by the OXP's own populator script and as bigTrader by the Big Ships OXP
1.1 - first bugfix
- fixed shipdata (prevented the ship's appearance 2 times out of 3)
1.0 - initial release