Tionisla Chronicle Array
|Tionisla Chronicle Array|
|Size (metres, W×H×L)||W: 560.742|
|Energy recharge rate||10|
|OXP or standard||OXP|
The Tionisla Chronicle Array (TCA) is a massive communications platform used by the Tionisla Chronicle to distribute their news and information around the charts. If was mentioned and described in Drew Wagar's Oolite Saga.
This OXP will add a few new broadcast arrays throughout the eight galactic charts.
The famous Tionisla Chronicle Array can be found in orbit on the dark side of Tionisla (Galaxy/Chart 1)
You will also be able to find:
|The Views of the Worlds Array||Xeabiti, Chart 2|
|The GNN Array||Geusdi, Chart 3|
|The Daily Wail Array||Quonso, Chart 4|
|The G5TVN Array||Maeser, Chart 5|
|The Rooters Array||Edla, Chart 6|
|The StarSports Array||Zarausxe, Chart 7|
|The Snoopers Array||Maabile, Chart 8|
(StarSports being my own 'channel' creation)
Please Note that:
- Broadcast Arrays have a hexagon icon for the Advanced Space Compass to help you locate them.
- No market or extra equipment (except fuel) are available at the TCA (although other OXP's might affect this)
The Tionisla Chronicle
Affectionately known as the 'Chronic', and considered by many to inhabit the trashy end of the news market, nevertheless the Tionisla Chronicle is one of the most widely read news feeds broadcasting around the galaxy with advertising revenues in excess of five million credits per year. Its blend of populist articles, local news, hyperbole and scant regard for complete factual accuracy, aimed squarely at the impecunious yet entrepreneurial small-time trader, endears it to many.
It is one of the longest-running news networks, with an unbroken line of editors stretching back to 2781. The current editor-in-chief, Anna Mereso, worked her way up through the ranks as a reporter, finally clinching the top job by being in the right place at the right time to cover the 'Lave Blockade' of 3125 as featured in the closing chapters of Status Quo. The origin of its famous catchphrase, "Truth is, we don't know!", has unfortunately been lost in the mists of time.
The Chronicle operates from its base at Tionisla, transmitting from the Chronicle Array, on wideband channel 385.2.
- Publishes the list of the Ooniverse's top one hundred list of dangerous narcotics (Famous Planets)
- Features in Snoopers & GNN
And now for something a little different
Tionisla Chronicle: 'SHOCKING REVELATION: SOYLENT GREEN IS MADE FROM DEAD POETS', and the article itself, written by the eminent reporter Anna Fereso, culminating in a furiously presented reconstruction of the events which was mainly derived from her own wildest imagination, and her famous final conclusion: 'Truth is: we don't know.'
See Baron Munchausen BB thread (a long read).
Download TionislaChronicleArray.oxz v1.04 (downloaded 292 times).
- 1.04: (phkb) Updated populator to allow for saving at stations. Texture update. Packaged as OXZ.
- 1.03: The docking display 'billboards' should now be correctly scrolling for older OpenGL versions
- 1.02: Another slight fix, hoping to get more of those .fragment issues resolved
- 1.01: Slight fix to shader .fragment files for older OpenGL issues
The Tionisla Chronicle Array was created by Storm.
My thanks to:
- Drew for letting me use the TCA from his stories!
- DaddyHoggy, Svengali, Drew and Disembodied for GNN, Rooters and Snoopers
- DaddyHoggy again for Views of the Worlds and the Daily Wail
- Smivs for G5TVN
- Arhuman, Griff and Thargoid for the various shader and script snippets (large and small) I borrowed from their own OXP's to get this one working!
- Okti for the assistance in putting the TCA into orbit in the right position and getting this Beta properly in order for initial release!
- Cim for the workaround script advice for the logo changing on the docking display screen
- Fatleaf and Commander McLane for the help in bugfixing shader scripts
- ... and various others for the bug reports!
You can find the discussion thread about the Tionisla Chronicle Array on the Oolite BB
- If you are interested in the news rather than the physical structures, try GNN and Snoopers!
- Sector1/Tionisla & Tionisla (Rough Guide) for Oolite.
- Tionisla for Frontier/FFE/etc.
- Tionisla Reporter is a mission for the Tionisla Chronicle
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/ or send a letter to Creative Commons, 171 Second Street, Suite 300, San Francisco, California, 94105, USA.
|1.04||2017-11-11||CC BY-NC-SA 3.0||Ambience||Dockables OXPs||Storm||Oolite BB|