From Elite Wiki
Adds random encounters in deep space.
Space Crowds (SC) is basically a heavy modification of Deep Space Pirates. The changes are:
- It is more focused on populating the "long lanes" than guarding the main lanes against "cheaters". SC is triggered by the use of the Torus drive rather than the location,
- It takes into account the base speed of your ship so the number of encounters is roughly function of the distance you travel with the Torus engaged,
- It is less player-centric: it doesn't increase the number of ships spawn depending on your kills, and it spawns equally pirates, hunters, police, traders and very rarely Thargoids ships.
- CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0
- Author: Astrobe
- Version 1.2.0
- Version 1.2.0 - switch from visibility criteria to distance criteria to decide if a spawned ship should be removed - two options to however preserve asteroids and derelicts contributed by Dybal.
- Version 1.1.0 - contributed by phkb
- Version 1.0.0 - initial release
Gameplay and Balance Indicator
Good things and bad things usually end up balancing each other out.