Ship's Library OXP
This OXP was devised by Oolite's last Lead Developer Cim who also wrote a couple of books for it!
- Download the OXZ (listed under Equipment in the Expansions Manager).
- You get access to the books in your library when you are docked - Try the F4 interface and look towards the end of the list under Ship Systems. Note that your library does not give you comparisons of Spacecraft & Orbital Stations - for that you need View Ship Specifications, which is called the Ship Library when you are inside it!
- You can also buy an in-flight reader for 200cr. This will provide an MFD (which will need priming using the :/; keys) governed by the n/b keys to allow you to scroll through your books!
The Library comes with your Ship's Manual:
Ship's Manual Contents
- Tip of the Day (varies!)
Ship controls and information displays
- Ship Systems Controls
- Station Systems Controls
- Standard In-flight Controls
Ship equipment, both standard and optional
- Standard Equipment
- Trading Equipment
- Combat Equipment
- Extra Equipment
A brief introduction to life in space
- Galactic Cooperative
- Interactions with other pilots
- Planetary Governments
- Planetary Economics
- Species of the Cooperative
A guide to Ship Identification and capabilities
You can also download (via the in-game Expansions Manager: also under Equipment) the following volumes:
- Captain Solo's Good Fortune by Captain Solo himself!
- Extracts from the Tre Clan Addresses on Interplanetary Life: lectures on the nomadic life of a space-farer
- Ship's Library Book - Mutabilis: Volume 2 of Drew Wagar's series
- Ship's Library Book - Status Quo: Volume 1 of Drew Wagar's series
- The Traders Almanach link is here: this is dated and may not work, but is full of advice on what to trade between the various planets!
See the bulletin board discussion here