Difference between revisions of "Route Planner OXP"
Latest revision as of 18:55, 27 June 2022
Updates the ANA for those with multiple contracts and a need to prioritise one over another. Vital!
This OXP allows you to build a route through multiple systems. It was designed for use with many concurrent cargo, passenger, and courier contracts and can automatically update routing information to match them, but can be used for other tasks that require pathfinding too.
There are two modes: Automatic & Manual.
The waypoint order can be determined automatically to minimize the number of hops or travel time, according to the ANA mode, but paths are not guaranteed to be optimal or to fit all time windows. For those who do not have enough time or who need to strictly follow the order of passing along the path, there is a manual mode. Changing the mode, waypoints and appearance can be done via the "Route planning" interface ("Ship Systems" category) on the F4 screen when the ship is docked.
The newly built route will be displayed on the galactic chart and recalculated every time the target system of the current jump sequence changes. Target system will be automatically set when ship launches from a station and it has a route built but no target system. When the next stop is reached, a notification will be shown.
No additional equipment required, but you do need to already have bought the Advanced Navigational Array.
At the moment you can change:
- Shape and color of user-specified waypoint
- Color of route segments after the current one, separately for each ANA mode
Appearance is configured through the subscreen of the main F4 "Route Planner" interface.
- Downloadable through the in-game Expansions Manager
- Route Planner 0.3 (Dropbox)
- Version 0.3
- Fixed script names to be less generic
- Fixed several issues with user waypoint markers
- Fixed notifications about reached waypoints, now they correctly says about the type of waypoint and need for docking
- Added notification about reaching the last planned waypoint and about waypoints that lie on the current route
- Version 0.2
- Contract waypoints can now be selectively "turned on and off" by their type
- Added new screen with brief information about waypoints, their type, remaining & travel time, and destinations
- Notification about reached waypoint now declares waypoint type and whether docking with the main station is also required
- Fixed and shortened some labels
- Fixed previously not working selection of color and shape of markers
- Version 0.1
- This oxp helps to build a route through multiple systems.
- It requires an installed ANA and has two modes:
- Automatic mode - build close to optimal (hopefully) route through contract destinations and manually specified systems. Now it works with all types of contracts at once, but I'm going to add a selection feature;
- Manual mode - build route through only manually specified systems exactly in the given order;
- The built route will be displayed on galactic chart and recalculated every time target system of the current jump sequence changes. Target system will be automatically set when ship launches from a station and it has a route built but no target system. When the waypoint is reached, notification will be shown.
- Changing the mode, waypoints and appearance can be done via the "Route planning" interface ("Ship Systems" category) on the F4 screen when the ship is docked.
- Author: Alnivel
- License: This work is licensed under the Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/
Gameplay and Balance indicator
Makes route planning much, much easier.