Tweak your oxp's while in-game!
This tool gives you the ability to configure several OXPs. It changes settings to enable (or disable) logging or audio functions, and special settings to recognize errors or to avoid clashes, or to adjust numbers of planets/moons, etc. OXPs can use it in a lot of ways and in most cases it only needs a few additional lines of code.
OXPConfig runs without the debug-console and is primarily meant for non-scripters (and lazy scripters), but if you really need debug-options it is highly recommended to install the Basic-debug.oxp (written by Ahruman) and if necessary the console (written by Ahruman and ported to Windows by Kaks).
- List of supported OXPConfig-compatible OXPs - currently 21.
- Dock at a station,
- open the Options Menu Screen (2/F2),
- then step to the Game Options (where you can change Oolite's options),
- wait until you get a message that OXPConfig is activated (bottom left corner of screen),
- and step directly to the SYSTEM DATA SCREEN (F7).
- Modify settings and step to the main menu.
The changes have been applied to the OXPs, but nothing is stored yet. To do it:
- Choose Store configuration.
- Then exit OXPConfig and save the game as usual. If these two steps are skipped the changes remain temporary.
- Loading, storing and resetting to defaults of configurations.
- 4 booleans.
- 4 short unsigned integers (0xff).
- 1 unsigned 24Bit integer (0xffffff) that is used as bitmask e.g. to en/disable appearance of entities.
- Minimum version checks.
- Early calls of OXPs startUp function if flag is set.
- Early settings if OXPConfig has collected the data and flag is set.
- Notification for OXPs about changed settings if flag is set. Calls oxpcNotifyOnChange().
- User Definable Colors - for supporting OXPs.
- Dump declared sounds - logs them to Latest.log.
- Dump missionVariables - logs them to Latest.log.
- Dump worldScript properties - logs them to Latest.log.
- Latest version needs Oolite v1.77.
XenonUI may interfere with the Search via Keyboard option
Faffing about with OXP configuration is anti-immersive (but see Station Options). This configuration OXP pops up only outside the game (right at the start before you select your game persona or if you have paused gameplay and have selected Game Options). The Library configuration is available while docked, and is utterly unrealistic, even if it is more adaptable.
For Oolite v1.76.1:
- OXPConfig2.0.14.zip - (97.2 KB)
More infos are available in the OXPConfig Documentation.
|2.3.3||2015-06-03||CC-by-nc-sa-3.0||Config||Misc OXPs||Svengali, Lone_Wolf||BB-Link|