Page under Construction!
Limits of the game-code
The coding restricts the game to two-dimensional galaxies with 256 systems in each.
There are two ways in which you can get around this:
- See cim's Song of the Labyrinth for oxp's which create a new discovery game set in one of two new galaxies.
- See Galaxy Seeds for detail on how to change the galaxies yourself!
Effects of 7ly hyperdrive limit
The 7 lightyear jump limit limits which systems can be reached - for example, The Great Rift in Galaxy 7. There, some 30 systems are stranded in an "island" more than 7ly from the rest of the systems. But there are also effects on local geography too. As well as islands, peninsulae are created. The effects of this can clearly be seen if one tampers with this limit - see Redspear's Hyperdrives OXP.
In-game geographical differences
- Iron Stars cluster in Galaxy 1 (Economic) - the markets are very similar (difficult to make a profit!)
- Pulsar worlds (supposedly visual - one should be able to see the pulsar!)
- Devils triangle (political) - pirate infested - and the game code spills this out to the general locale in Oolite v.1.80 and later
- Darkside Moonshine Distillery creates an increase in price of the whisky as distance from the distilleries in the Tortuga expanse increases
- In-game differences made by Fuel Station OXP: placing fuel stations in the more stable systems on SpaceWay L1 in galaxy 1