F4 page (ship and system interfaces)
This page is only accessible while docked - naturally - it controls the interface between your ship and the station you are docked at. the station can be an orbital station, a rock hermit or even a dockable vessel such as a liner. The F4 page is where you can interface with the station, GalCop etc.
- The "Arrow keys" navigate around & between the pages, while the "Enter" key selects the option in question. Depending on how many OXPs you have loaded, the ship-station interface can easily run to 3 or more pages!
- There is (as yet) no F4F4 page.
Number of options on offer
The OXPs which you have loaded determine the number of options on offer!
In the Vanilla game, as can be seen to the right there are only 5 options: the 3 Deliveries (Passenger contracts, Cargo contracts & Parcel Contracts) and the 2 ship's systems - for changing your name from Jameson (but not your save file name) and for looking at ship statistics (eg a Viper's speed, missile bays, etc).
These are grouped by category:
- Config for AddOns is added by the Library.oxz - for tweaking OXPs
- Captains Log
- PAD is added by the Library.oxz - a personal assistance device with details of naval career, people met, etc.
- Commodity Markets added by Market Inquirer - comparison of local market prices & quantities
- (Phkb's Contracts On BB moves these contracts onto the Bulletin Board located under the ?? category)
- Commander's Log added by Commander's Log - short list of important events (maintenance overhauls, increase in Elite Rating, jump to new Galaxy)
- Communications log added by CommsLog MFD - collection of spoken/console messages received in flight
- Email system added by Email System!
- Flight Log - list of hyperjumps, and financial summary of profit/loss/money spent on equipment etc.
- Reputations and awards added by GalCop Missions as one improves reputation fulfilling missions (Library can also add in your other reputations from the F5F5 screen)
- View GalCop station docking counts from Home System
- Ship Systems
- Station Interfaces
Note: you will never get all of the above. Smugglers and New Cargoes clash, so you will only get the entries from one or the other.
Changing the page
- BGS 2.5.1 provides a backdrop of your ship's bridge - and appropriate station noises!
- BGS 1.10.9 provides a more visible backdrop - with a suitable cacophonic accompaniment. You may need to remove Library to be able to see it - which could nobble some of your other OXPs!
- It also provides a key on the left for the F1-F8 buttons.
- Werewolf's HUD nicely emphasises the monitor effect.
- XenonUI provides an on-screen reference list of key commands for this and the other F4-F8 pages
- Docked HUDs removes your HUD from the bottom of the page, leaving only the fuel bar & missile display. Some of the more recent HUDs do this automatically.