From Elite Wiki
Revision as of 11:48, 27 November 2022 by Cholmondely (talk | contribs) (→Charlies Box of goodies: Added link to his comments on his Black Hole attempts)
Charlie was active in the Oolite community for a short while between 2006-8.
Creative, and pushing the game code to its limits, he designed a large number of ships.
He tried to create a Black Hole, he did create an oxp introducing new planets in each system, the asteroids used in Asteroid Storm and created a bizarre new ship, the Orb.
OXPs (wiki pages)
- Benulobiweed Inc.
- Kestrel & Falcon OXP - the only one available on the in-game Expansions Manager
Charlies Box of goodies
- Charlie's Collection in Box: (2006-8): link thanks to cbr
- Adds - 20 advertisements for Benulobiweed Inc. ships
- For Ahruman - cobra and orb demos
- Ships - Condor, Falcon, Kestrel, Merlin, Navy Starships (Navy Interceptor & Constitution), Pallas & Swift (with older versions)
- Ordinance - empty
- Black Hole - empty (unfinished project) - but see his comments here (2006)
- Beta - Asteroids & planets+moons (new skins - 2006): See plannets.oxp - is it still working? (2008)
- Benulobiweed text - more on the background of this great company.
- model-utilities.zip - Meshwork graphics (not a recommended package for post-v.1.65 Oolite).
- Benulobiweed.inc: New Company, New Ships...;) BB thread 2006
- Charlie!!! Are you up there, somewhere in the clouds? BB Thread 2008
- History of Benulobiweed (BB thread 2008)
- Ships - Condor, Falcon, Firefly, Kestrel, Merlin, Navy Starships (Navy Interceptor & Constitution), Pallas & Swift (with older versions)
- Follow the links in this one: Orb!
- Alcubierre Warp Drive Ship for 3-D Desk Top Manufacturing (2018, updated April 2021)