Cargo Wreck Teaser OXP
Created by Arexack as part of an ongoing project to insert greater variety into the wonderful Ooniverse.
Firstly, the OXP adds different types of cargo canisters. Some types of cargo are packed in wooden crates, some in metal pods, some in metallic pyramids, radioactives have a warning symbol painted on their canister and so on. Adds variety when you laser up an innocent trader to scoop his cargo!
The OXP also adds a small chance of scooping up a Fuel Pod from a vanquished enemy, topping up your tanks.
Secondly, the OXP adds more wreckage to the game. When a ship is destroyed, broken pieces of the ship may spin away and explode, making for more enjoyable kills!
- Download the OXZ through the in-game Expansions Manager
- Or download the OXP: Download Cargo Wreck Teaser 1.7.2 Updated July 2013.
To play the OXP, unzip the download file. This will create a folder named "Cargo_Wreck_Teaser xxx". Open this folder and you will see a folder named "Cargo_Wreck_Teaser xxx.oxp" and a readme. Move the Cargo_Wreck_Teaser xxx.oxp folder to AddOns. As with all OXPs, its the folder ending .oxp that you need to put in Oolite's AddOns folder, otherwise Oolite will not read it.
- v 1.7.2: Fixed another string bug that only will give problems after Oolite 1.76.x
- v 1.7.1: Fixed a string bug that only will give problems after Oolite 1.76.x
- v 1.7.0: Removed old code and raised minimum Oolite to 1.74.
- v 1.6: Added reflection maps for all barrels.
- v 1.5: Prepared for the new cargo awarding system in post 1.73 Oolite.
- v 1.4: Added all legacy scripting with java script. Oolite 1.65 will still use the old scripting system while the newer Oolite versions will use the JS scripts.
Note on History
I updated Cargo Wreck Teaser.oxp a few times since the last message. The current version v.1.6 now contains a material directory with specular maps for all barrels. The specular maps add selective reflections to the barrels. Your computer needs shaders to use those maps. Also is this oxp since version 1.5.4 fully compatible with the current 1.73 Oolite AND with the coming 1.74 release. For those that already work with trunk versions, I prepared a little Cargo Wreck Showroom.oxp. It is just a small oxp that displays all available barrels on a mission screen after startup. Because the pods are now blown up at full screen size, you'll see them better than in game. This last showroom.oxp needs Oolite v.1.74
- Eric Walch, 2010
- License: CC-BY-NC-SA 3.0
- Author: Arexack Heretic
- Minimum requirement Oolite v.1.74
Gameplay and Balance Indicator
Good things and bad things end up balancing each other out.