System Features Rings
This OXP adds some dust rings to a few planets in each galaxy.
Download using the extension manager in the game, or using the following link: System Features: Rings 2.4. (Requires Oolite 1.80 or later)
03/08/2017 - Version 2.4:
- change to shader to fix a bug with certain ATI cards.
24/07/2017 - Version 2.3:
- code refactoring.
- rings fade into blue when entering the atmosphere (such as when using PlanetFall).
20/07/2017 - Version 2.2:
- smaller ring bands and grains only visible at closer distance.
- improved the issues with moire pattern, in particular at lower resolutions.
20/07/2017 - Version 2.1:
- the large gaps in the rings are now randomized making each system more unique.
- the colour gradient function is also randomized for more unique rings.
- renamed the effect script.
19/07/2017 - Version 2.0:
- rings now have different relative sizes to the planet.
- they also have different radial length.
- applied a slight yellow tint.
- applied ambient light.
- shadows are darker.
- changed the spawning algorithm which, among other things, make the rings more common.
- ring now uses a colour gradient instead of a texture (which is now only used to generate noise).
- use 1.80 features, repackage.
- improved ring texture and appearance contributed by ZygoUgo.
- initial non-beta release.
A shader-supporting graphics card is required, the more recent the better. Older shader-supporting cards may be too slow to render the rings at an adequate framerate.
|2.3||2017-07-24||CC-BY-SA 3.0||Ring system||Ambience OXPs||cim, gsagostinho||Bulletin Board thread|