An OXP which allows the Commander to land on any planet (except gas giants and suns, even at night) or moon in the system and trade there. Some locations can also allow you to buy new ships, but beware, in other places it's not wise to hang around if you've been a bit naughty.
To land, simply fly towards the planet/moon. One point of caution though is don't try and go too quickly (no fuel injectors!) or else you may burn up in the atmosphere. Relaunch is via a special booster to get out of the gravity well, with control being passed back to the Commander once safe orbital reinsertion is achieved.
This OXP requires at least version 1.74 of Oolite.
To purchase the equipment, you also need to be equipped with Docking Computers and Heat Shield.
- Black Monk Monastary - Adds Black Monk Monastaries to the planet surface locations, complete with offerings of loans. The full Black Monks OXP also needs to be installed.
- HoOpy casino - Adds HoOpy casinos to the planet surface locations, complete with offerings of loans. The HoOpy casino OXP also needs to be installed.
- Oo-Haul - Adds an Oo-Haul distribution centre to the main planet, and a mission to escort a hauler from it out to either the witchpoint or constore. No other OXPs are essential, although for the constore variant mission the YAH OXP needs to be installed. For full flavour the main Oo-Haul OXP should also be installed.
- Taxi - Adds an example mission showing how planetary locations can be used for missions. When docked (anywhere) there is a 25% chance of a taxi fare being offered on the ships manifest (F5-F5) screen. For a small reward the player is asked to carry someone to another planet-side location within the system.
- Feudal States - Ramirez's excellent OXP uses Planetfall to base missions from planets.
Planetfall v1.41 can be downloaded from Box.com by clicking on the link.
Also available is the Russian translation of Planetfall 1.30 by Catsam, Radcapricorn and Seventh. The update of this to 1.4x will follow soon!