An Energy Grid is an upgrade to the bus linking the energy units and the shield generators, allowing enhanced energy transfer rates to recharge the shields if the energy is available.
There is a civilian version, requiring an Extra Energy Unit, and a Naval version, requiring a Naval Energy Unit and providing even higher recharge rates.
Civilian Energy Grid:
- Tech Level - 10
- Cost - 2,500 credits
- Required Equipment - Extra Energy Unit
Naval Energy Grid:
- Tech Level - 14
- Cost - 65,000 credits
- Required Equipment - Naval Energy Unit
This OXP requires at least version 1.82 of Oolite.
Download NavalGridNext v1.13 (requires Oolite 1.82, downloaded 0 times).
Download old version NavalGrid v1.00 (requires Oolite 1.75, downloaded 5943 times).
v1.13 (by Dybal)
- corrected equipment misnaming that prevented the civilian version from being available for purchase.
v1.12 (by Lone-Wolf)
- replacing handlers gave problems, switched to a different method of combining additive(NG next) and multiplicative modifiers.
v1.11.1 (by Lone-Wolf)
- replacement add/remove equipment handlers used wrong function name.
v1.11 (by Lone-Wolf)
- it was impossible to install Naval Energy Unit or Naval Grid if you had civilian energy grid installed, added sell option for energy grid to solve this;
- fixed errors in the functions that handle apply/revert the modifications to the shield charge values
v1.10 (by Lone-Wolf)
- rewrite to make use of 1.82 feautures, especially the now writable shield recharge value;
- no longer uses a timer, core game now handles the actual shield recharging;
- removed primable part as it's no longer relevant/needed with the new design;
- added a lower spec civilian version that depends on EEU instead of NEU, so players can now get extra shield recharge if they have an EEU installed; this should help survival in early/mid-game. (the energy is available, why not use it ? )
v1.00 (by Thargoid)
- initial release.
|1.13||2020-07-30||CC BY-SA 4.0||Enhanced Shield Recharge||Equipment||Lone_Wolf||Oolite BB|