List of software
From Elite Wiki
Useful software to have when making an OXP.
3D model applications
- Wings3D Cross-platform; Free. Highly advised for Oolite. Giles' HowTo
- Meshwork OSX; Free. Giles' HowTo
- 3D mesh editor
- Blender3D Cross-platform, Free, powerful 3D modeler.
- Moray v3.5
- UV Mapper (Pro), Mac and Windows, Texture mapping tool. Pro trial version for Windows available.
- Oolite is low-poly, so any userfriendly 3D editor will do, provided it supports DAT or OBJ.
- Corel Paintshop Pro
- GIMP Free, cross-platform powerful image-editor.
- OmniGraffle OSX, Trial version available.
- [any other freeware software that supports layers]
Programmer's TextEditors or PlistEditors
- Crimson Editor
- SubEthaEdit (V2.2) (mac)
- SlickEdit (mac)
- plistEdit V1.2
- PListEditPro, OSX, highly recommended to switch between ascii and XML...
- Notepad++, for Windows. Excellent Notepad replacement, with multi-language support.
- There are plenty other free editors available, these are just a few.