Colonial Viper Mark 1
|Colonial Viper Mark 1|
|Cargo bay extension||N/A|
|Maximum speed||0.375 LM|
|Energy recharge rate||
|Shield boosters available||Yes|
|Military shields available||Yes|
|OXP or standard||OXP|
|Available to player||Yes|
|Base price||140,000 Cr|
The Colonial Viper Mark 1, produced by The GalTech Industries Corporation, is a one man fighter designed specifically for ship to ship combat. Its combination of small size, speed and manoeuvrability make it an ideal choice for a carrier or station based fighter but it is also able to provide a more general defence and escort role.
The lack of cargo carrying capacity or fuel scopes makes it, however, an unattractive ship choice for pirates and for this reason they are only rarely found amongst pirate groups.
Forward pulse laser
The ship is available in player, escort, hunter, police, wingman and pirate roles. The basic player version is equipped with a pulse laser while all other roles are equipped with a beam laser. All other specifications are the same.
The OXP was designed to work on Oolite 1.76 but should also be backward compatible. No additional OXPs are required to be installed in order this OXP to run.
Unzip the file, and then move the folder "Colonial Viper Mark 1 - V1.02.oxp" to the AddOns directory of your Oolite installation. Then start the game up and the ships should be added.
- 20/05/2012 - Version 1.00 - Pre-release test version.
- 21/05/2012 - Version 1.01 - Release version (Slight tweaks to the texture and correction to the scan class script).
- 22/05/2012 - Version 1.02 - Updated release incorporating tweaks to the subfolder names to ensure compatibility with non-windows operating systems.
- V1.00 - With thanks to El Viejo, Smivs and Thargoid for their assistance via the Oolite Bulletin forum and Universal Studios for producing the original movie in the first place.
- V1.01 - With thanks to Capt Murphy, Commander McLane, cim, Eric Walch and Staer9 for their assistance via the Oolite Bulletin forum.
- V1.02 - With thanks to Capt Murphy via PM regarding to advice on folder names within the .oxp folder.