Cobra Mk.4 (Oolite)
|Cobra Mk. IV|
|Cargo capacity||45 TC|
|Cargo bay extension||60 TC|
|Maximum speed||0.315 LM|
|Manoeuvrability|| Roll: 1.75|
|Energy recharge rate||
|Gun mounts|| Fore, Aft|
|Shield boosters available||Yes|
|Military shields available||Yes|
|OXP or standard||OXP|
|Available to player||Yes|
|Base price||190000 Cr|
The Cobra Mk. IV is the successor of the extremely popular Cobra Mk. III. This is the heavier of all Cobra ships, and a fine choice for a trader due to its increased cargo capacity, larger energy banks as well as faster energy recharge rate, all of which should make up for its somewhat slower velocity and manoeuvring speeds. This ship is available for both the player and the NPCs.
Comparison to its Predecessor
Here is how the Cobra Mk. IV compares to the Cobra Mk. III:
- more energy banks (5 instead of 4).
- faster energy recharge rate (4.8 instead of 4.0).
- larger cargo bay (45t by default instead of 20t, 60t with cargo bay extension instead of 35t).
- slower maximum speed (0.315 LM instead of 0.35 LM).
- slower manoeuvring speeds (0.9 and 1.75 of pitch and roll instead of 1.0 and 2.0).
- more expensive base price (190000 Cr instead of 150000 Cr).
This work is based on Griff's Cobra Mk. III Alternative model. I recommend NOT using Griff's original Cobra Mk. III Alt OXP, so that this alternative model is only used as the Cobra Mk. IV, making this ship visually different than any Mk. III (though there is of course no conflict between these two OXPs).
- Textures and ship definitions for the Cobra Mk. IV - Gilberto Agostinho (gsagostinho)
- Detachable subentity missile concept & script - Thargoid
- Bugfixing and scripting technical help - Eric Walch
- OXP testing & feedback - Cody
- Models & Textures - Griff
09/08/2017 - Version 1.2:
- enlarged the model to 1.2x.
09/08/2017 - Version 1.1:
- fixed some typos in the README and manifest files.
- improved all textures.
- improved specular lightning.
- diminished cargo bay size to 45t (and 60t with extension).
- lowered base price to 190000 Cr.
08/08/2017 - Version 1.0:
- initial release.
Available at the extension manager in the game.