Cobra Mk.4 (Oolite)
|Cobra Mk. IV|
|Cargo capacity||50 TC|
|Cargo bay extension||65 TC|
|Maximum speed||0.315 LM|
|Manoeuvrability|| Roll: 1.75|
|Energy recharge rate||
|Gun mounts|| Fore, Aft|
|Shield boosters available||Yes|
|Military shields available||Yes|
|OXP or standard||OXP|
|Available to player||Yes|
|Base price||215000 Cr|
The Cobra Mk. IV is the successor of the extremely popular Cobra Mk. III. This is the heavier of all Cobra ships, and a fine choice for a trader due to its increased cargo capacity, larger energy banks as well as faster energy recharge rate, all of which should make up for its somewhat slower velocity and maneuvering speeds. This ship is available for both the player and the NPCs.
Comparison to its Predecessor
Here is how the Cobra Mk. IV compares to the Cobra Mk. III:
- more energy banks (5 instead of 4).
- faster energy recharge rate (4.8 instead of 4.0).
- larger cargo bay (50t by default instead of 20t, 65t with cargo bay extension instead of 35t).
- slower maximum speed (0.315 LM instead of 0.35 LM).
- slower manoeuvering speeds (0.9 and 1.75 of pitch and roll instead of 1.0 and 2.0).
- more expensive base price (215000 Cr instead of 150000 Cr).
This work is based on Griff's Cobra Mk. III Alternative model. I recommend NOT using Griff's original Cobra Mk. III Alt OXP, so that this alterative model is only used as the Cobra Mk. IV, making this ship visually different than any Mk. III (though there is of course no conflict between these two OXPs).
Credits for the original Cobra Mk. III Alt:
- Detachable subentity missile concept & script - Thargoid
- Bugfixing and scripting technical help - Eric Walch
- OXP testing & feedback - Cody
- Models & Textures - Griff
08/08/2017 - Version 1.0:
- initial release.
Available at the extension manager in the game.