Collection of Help pages for playing Oolite
- For playing Classic Elite, FE2 & FFE see those respective categories for their help pages.
- For help with The Dark Side - see Category:Oolite scripting for more information.
Note that three different Ship's Manuals are on offer
- The Ship's Manual in the Ship's Library OXP is the most recent
- (and is readable in-game - and is adjusted to your ship and to your keyboard!)
- The Pilot's Reference Manual was written for the Oolite Cobra MkIII
- The Space Traders Flight Training Manual was written for the Classic Elite Cobra MkIII but is still good.
The in-game Tutorial & the in-game Expansions Manager have their own explanatory wiki pages.
Please note that your game download includes Mr Gimlet's advice to new pilots and the RS Reference Sheet: (search for OoliteRS - stashed away in the entrails of your computer - or File:OoliteRS rev1.8.zip): it is well worth printing out.
Helpful OXPs for new pilots
There is a lot of information in Oolite. These vital OXPs help give you access to the information you need to play/enjoy the game
- Addons for Beginners (Vital Statistics) will download the following
- Ship's Library (with ships manual)
- XenonUI (handy guide to the buttons on your astrogation console)
- Technical Reference Library identifies ships when you target them (just ships)
- GalCop Galactic Registry - guide to the galaxy you are in
- Market Observer - useful statistics for analysing the F8 markets page (with Market Ads at the bottom)
- Vimana HUD (flashes warnings for High Temperature, Low Altitude, Low Energy & Low Shields)
- HUD Selector - optional extra (for selecting HUDs)!
Pages in category "Help pages"
The following 54 pages are in this category, out of 54 total.