|Size (metres, W×H×L)||1503x1503x1589|
|Energy recharge rate||100|
|OXP or standard||OXP|
This page currently covers 2 different .oxps: Sothis.oxp & SothisTC.oxp. At time of writing (2021), one or the other will need tweaking to fully function.
Sothis.oxp by itself provides a secondary station at most systems, usually on the witchpoint side of the main planet. There is the rather impressive station - and also a rather natty buoy. It was designed by KillerWolf in 2010.
Sothis was the name of an ancient Egyptian goddess (KillerWolf's Nuit station is also named after an Egyptian sky goddess). Sopdet, known to the Greeks as Sothis, was an important goddess of the annual flood and a psychopomp guiding deceased pharaohs through the Egyptian underworld. She was also identified with the star Sirius, which was important in recording the flooding of the Nile. She ended up becoming an aspect of Isis.
There are 3 versions of this OXP! The original Sothis was written by KillerWolf. Spara then tweaked it in 2013. Changes in game coding since 2014 mean that these no longer have a working F8 market in the newer versions of Oolite. A third version fixing this was published by Dizzy in 2017. While his version does work, the Sothis markets are ignored by Market Inquirer, nor does it share the Trade advantages of Spara's SothisTC. But, if you don't want to tweak at all, then this is the best version on offer!
- Sothis.oxp & (mirror)
- 2017 newest unnumbered version - with new station markets added by Dizzy/Diziet Sma
- Install the OXP by copying Sothis.oxp to your AddOns-folder (See OXP if you need to know where to look)
Oolite version 1.76.1.
This has to be the Rolls Royce of orbital space stations, with customised interiors, a reading room with a wide selection of inter-galactic news items on offer, specially tailored markets and a flavour all of its own (comments apply to the version which you have tweaked yourself...!).
SothisTC.oxp (by Spara) modifies the Sothis.oxp (by KillerWolf): All Sothis stations are now converted into trading stations and relocated to high TL corporate systems.
If you have New Cargoes OXP by Cim installed, you can read TradeNet for free when visiting a Sothis station. You will also find that there are more special cargo opportunities than there are in the main orbital station.
There are also some rather natty screen-shots of maps of the galactic trade routes to adorn your screens!
The 2013 version of SothisTC does not allow game saving, the New Cargoes facility does not work, nor does it appear in the Market Inquirer database unless one is docked there. The 2021 tweaking thread addresses these issues, and modifies the regular F8 markets too!
Legend for SothisTC
Long ago a business magnate Doonald Troomp placed Sothis stations in high tech corporate systems to act as trade centers. To the public at large Troomp is better remembered by his intergalactic competition, which he called "The Apprentice." The idea was to find the most suitable person to run one of his companies. Mr Troomp is long gone, but his Sothis Trade Centers are live and kicking.
Spara's original version also linked in with his Market Observer oxp and was titled Troomp.oxp! As time went on, and Mr Troomp became more and more controversial, that OXP was split, Troomp consigned to oblivion and Market Observer reclaimed from the wreckage.
- Trading map backgrounds are made from the Vectormaps by G. Presti & Clym Angus.
- Install the OXP by copying SothisTC.oxp (& Sothis.oxp if not already there) to your AddOns-folder. (See OXP if you need to know where to look)
At time of writing the background Trade Maps in the SothisTC are suppressed by XenonUI. Tweaks are being developed to counteract this. See here.
- The original Sothis.oxp (download details at top!)
- New Cargoes is recommended
- How to tweak OXZ's - see section on OXPs
For Sothis.oxp alone
- To include Sothis's market on the Market Inquirer database look here and read to the end of the page. This is how Dizzy created his 2017 version.
- Updating SothisTC (2021): Masterclass in Tweaking by Spara: updates spawning mechanism to comply with LittleBear's upcoming Station Names OXP, allows game saves at the station, tweaks the regular market, etc. etc.
- United Stars of the Galaxy (USG)
- Oolite BB (2013)
- related Market Observer discussion - see middle of first page
- Troomp.oxp (2012-3) - forerunner of SothisTC & of MarketObserver
- RELEASE ~ Isis Interstellar's Sothis Stations - original launch (2010-11).
|various||2010||none||Dockables||Dockables OXPs||KillerWolf||Oolite BB|
KillerWolf was chased away (why?) from the Oolite community in 2012 - the BB thread is thus a tad rusty!
|1.0.3||2013-05-16||CC BY-NC-SA 3.0||Dockables||Dockables OXPs||Spara||Oolite BB|
Gameplay and Balance Indicator
- Adding an extra station (Sothis.oxp) increases the market supply and capacity (if you can get the markets to work, haha!).
- Adding SothisTC.oxp also gives an additional leg-up for NewCargoes advocates.