A tale of love and betrayal amongst the vicious furry feline races of galaxy four. Can you pilot your way through the intrigue of the ancient mating rituals of the Teance system, and save star-crossed lovers from a fate worse than death?
It is a mission pack for Oolite that plays in Galaxy 4 (map 003). A fast ship, fuel scoops, and a hard heart are recommended.
Download Love Cats 1.3.0 (Updated July 2011) Needs OOlite 1.75 or higher.
Download Love Cats 1.2.1 (Updated January 2010)
"Medium". The ships appearing in the OXP are within the power-range of the standard set of ships. You wouldn't need a full Iron Ass to take them on, but you should have some basic upgrades fitted such as a Military Laser, fuel injectors, an energy unit and perhaps a shield booster.
The version posted on the Wiki is the latest version of this OXP. (Updated 22/1/10).
- Translated the old script to JS. No functional changes.
- Raised minimum Oolite to 1.75
- Minor improvement for the "asp mission".
- Changed code so is can recover by a mission clash with another oxp. Will even continue previously broken missions.
- Renamed internally files to more unique names.
- Added MOP code to prevent clashing mission offers.
- Restructured the code for faster code evaluation.
- Removed the necessity to do this mission after the native nova mission.
- Initial release
Installing and Playing
To play the OXP, unzip the download file. This will create a folder named "Love Cats xxx". Open this folder and you will see a folder named "Love Cats xxx.oxp" and a readme. Move the Love Cats xxx.oxp folder to AddOns. As with all OXPs, its the folder ending .oxp that you need to put in Oolite's AddOns folder, otherwise Oolite will not read it.
More info can be obtained at the Lovecat topic on the Oolite bulletin board.