Griff's No Shaders Shipset
Griff has made some fantastic models of ships which use normalmapping and shader effects to produce some of the best looking ships available in Oolite. They render as intended on hardware that supports full shader capabilities. This OXP began as a personal project to bring Griff's ship set into a shaderless Ooniverse. Methods are outlined below. Announcements are made on the forum, so keep an eye on this thread.
Click on thumbnails to view full size images
Alloys and Wreckage
Asteroids, Boulders and Splinters
Shipdata coordinates and quaternions, models and original textures by Griff
Diffuse Texture Modification:
1) Decomposed to RGBA
2) Copied and removed Alpha channel
3) Recomposed RGB
4) Minor adjustments to brightness, contrast, hue, and saturation
5) Pseudo relief layer from desaturated, high contrast, RGB normal map
6) Seamless metal texture layer for enhanced grain
7) Layers merged down with soft light blending at 70% - 80%
8) Greyscale glow map composite from texture set (diffuse, effects and normalmap)
9) Diffuse texture decomposed to RGBA
10) Glow map anchored to alpha channel
11) Final texture composed to RGBA
Materials section of shipdata.plist:
emission_map - alpha channel of diffuse map
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/.
Griff No Shaders ShipSet v0.95. released 12th May 2012.
Download and Installation
Get it here: Griff_No_Shaders_ShipSet OXP.
This OXP is distributed in one zip file. After extracting, move the folder, "Griff_No_Shaders_ShipSet0.95.oxp" to the AddOns Folder of your Oolite installation. By default this OXP will replace Oolites native ships. However, included is another file named, "Config_Addition.zip". If you choose to use the addition set, simply delete or rename the existing Config folder, and extract the "Addition" Config folder.
Installation instructions are also included in this OXP.
Want more information on installing multiple retextures? Go HERE