(data for Traction Engine only)
|Size (W×H×L)||250 m×226 m×326 m|
|Cargo capacity||?? TC|
|Cargo bay extension||?? TC|
|Maximum speed||0.10 LM|
|Manoeuvrability||Pitch: 0.10 |
|Energy recharge rate||
|Gun mounts||Fore: 1x|
|Shield boosters available||N/A|
|Military shields available||N/A|
|OXP or standard||OXP|
|Available to player||No|
MASSTrans GLC just recently transformed itself from a local player around the Iron Stars (G1) into a multi-cooperation all over The Eight by satisfying a rising demand for in-system transportation of cheap mass products, something free traders alone couldn't (and wouldn't, for food, textiles and minerals aren't where the fast money is) attend to.
With its investments into various ship builders and on low tech agricultural worlds, the cooperation started to dominate the trade at the low end of the cargo spectrum. The corner stone of its success are the freight trains, huge massive ships build for slow, but steady, transit through a given system and giving the people the things they need for survival, even on far off stations.
Loading and unloading is done by a special, cheap, robot brain controlled ship, called MASSTrans C-Bot, that is placed in all mayor stations in a given system, sometimes even on Rock Hermits ... these c-bots are known to be badly maintained and sometimes even collide with the trains they try to unload.
some notes from the author:
- 1) This OXP works best if you have a lot of OXP stations in a system.
- 2) If you don't like the fruit bat :cry:, you should probably change the first entry of the shipdata.plist into another ship, so that you have good pilots.
- 3) The freight-train is a big box of candies for a dedicated pirate attack if it is not protected by its escorts.
- If you try to raid the freight-train, keep at least capable escorts, or this isn't a challenge.
- 4) It is a bit taxing on older machines, I think, due to its computing in a framecallback ... just try if it works.
Oh, and I forgot to change the variables and functions into something less ordinary. I didn't notice any problems, but I wanted to get this out and will probably change this in a further release.
The Freight-Train is entirely the work of Rorschachhamster, all credits therefore belong to him.
- Rorschachhamster (original author)
Oolite Version 1.77 or higher is required.
- The original version from Rorschachhamster (2014) could be found in the Freight-Train OXP V 1.01 on box.
- The package includes a modified Fruit Bat to act as escorts.
- A modified version by Keeper (2013) could be found here: Freight-Train Constore OXP. For more information please read here: Keeper on the forum.
This work is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike 3.0 (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0).
To view a copy of this license visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0.
- Version 1.00 / 2013-03-21 / Rorschachhamster:
- initial release
- Version 1.01 / 2014-11-09 / Rorschachhamster:
- Removed the AI-Message logging and added the Fruit Bat ship into the download for your convenience.
|1.01||2014-11-09||CC BY-NC-SA 3.0||Ship||Ships OXPs||Rorschachhamster||BB|