Fer de Lance SS
|Cargo capacity||12 TC|
|Cargo bay extension||N/A|
|Maximum speed||0.35 LM|
|Manoeuvrability||Pitch: 1.0 |
|Energy recharge rate||
|Gun mounts||Fore: 1x |
|Shield boosters available||Yes|
|Military shields available||Yes|
|OXP or standard||OXP|
|Available to player||Yes|
|Base price||450,000 Cr|
The Fer-de-Lance Spaceship, SS for short, is a variant of the Fer-de-Lance which is based on the designs of Simon B and produced under license from SoloTek Industries. While slightly faster, it offers only 2 mounts (fore and rear). On the plus, the basic price is 35,000 Cr less.
The figher-like design of the hull attracted some rich adventurous commanders who didn't want to miss the well known luxury while hunting. The ship is nowadays mainly found with hunters and assassins.
|Compatible equipment for this ship. Factory standard equipment is marked in bold, all other equipment can be added by the player.|
|Misc. Equipment||Passenger Berth (2x) • Fuel Scoops • Escape Capsule • Advanced Space Compass • Docking Computers • Witch Fuel Injectors • Scanner Targeting Enhancement • Multi-Targeting System • Galactic Hyperdrive|
|Weaponry||Pulse Laser • Beam Laser • Military Laser • Mining Laser • Energy Bomb|
|Defence||E.C.M. System • Extra Energy Unit • Naval Energy Unit • Shield Boosters • Military Shield Enhancement • External Heat Shielding|
Some words from the author:
I've always been a fan of Simon Bridge's modeling and texturing skills. My aim with this OXP was to add some visual flash by rendering the ships with new shaders and textures. Well, the shaders aren't exactly new. I used Oolite's built in vertex shader and Keeper's fragment shader. Another goal was to bring these ships up to speed for Oolite 1.80, which offers new AI's and ship roles.
I left Simon's diffuse textures untouched, but I tweaked the models in Wings3D to give each ship a streamlined appearance rather than all hard edges. Then I used the diffuse texture as source and created from them the following:
- Specular Map in the alpha channel of the diffuse texture.
- Effects Map for glowing effects.
- Normal Map with a random paint color texture in the alpha channel.
- Simon Bridge aka Simon B (models and diffuse textures)
- CaptSolo (various improvements and author of this ship)
Minimum requirement is Oolite 1.80.
This ship is part of the Simon B's Ships OXP.
This work is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution Non Commercial Share Alike 3.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0). To view a copy of this license visit https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0.
- Zorgon Petterson Group (main manufacturer)
- Fer-de-Lance (standard model)
- Fer-de-Lance Lightspeeder (A nostalgic line with some improved specifications.)
- Fer-de-Lance NG also known as NG-1 (The next generation, produced under license by a forgotten shipyard, nowadays obsolete.)
- Fer-de-Lance NG-2 (A remake of the NG, produced under license by Biarge United Shipyards.)
- Fer-de-Lance 3G (The third generation, an in-house production again.)