This is a civilian version built with standard components. It can only handle limited amounts of recharge energy, but is compatible with the EEU, routing up to 50% of the available recharge energy to the shields, and with the NEU, when it's capable of routing up to 30% of available recharge energy to the shields (which is still 20% higher than what would be transferred had the ship only an EEU alone).
The military version meant for use with the Naval Energy Unit - it works with the EEU, but with the NEU it can accomplish its full potential. It's price is steep, but it can handle the huge amount of available recharge energy provided by the Naval Energy Unit: it will route up to 90% of the available energy recharge to the shields.
This OXP requires at least version 1.82 of Oolite.
- Downloadable through the in-game Expansions Manager
- Or Download NavalGridNex v2.0.
- Download old version NavalGridNext v1.13 (requires Oolite 1.82, downloaded 0 times).
- v2.0 (by Dybal) "NavalGridNext"
- made the Naval Energy Grid compatible with the EEU - if it can handle the NEU output, it sure can handle EEU's!
- NEU or EEU can be sold for a 40% refund.
- made the civilian energy grid transfer a lower fraction of the available energy when NEU (instead of EEU) was installed (lower fraction of a larger amount of energy is still a higher energy transfer).
- re-write to expose functions to calculate the shield recharge rates taking into account the Shield Boosters and taking into account the Energy Grids for other OXPs (N-Shields) to use enabling the Energy Grids for NPC ships.
- v1.13 (by Dybal)
- corrected equipment misnaming that prevented the civilian version from being available for purchase.
- v1.12 (by Lone-Wolf)
- replacing handlers gave problems, switched to a different method of combining additive(NG next) and multiplicative modifiers.
- v1.11.1 (by Lone-Wolf)
- replacement add/remove equipment handlers used wrong function name.
- v1.11 (by Lone-Wolf)
- it was impossible to install Naval Energy Unit or Naval Grid if you had civilian energy grid installed, added sell option for energy grid to solve this;
- fixed errors in the functions that handle apply/revert the modifications to the shield charge values
- v1.10 (by Lone-Wolf)
- rewrite to make use of 1.82 feautures, especially the now writable shield recharge value;
- no longer uses a timer, core game now handles the actual shield recharging;
- removed primable part as it's no longer relevant/needed with the new design;
- added a lower spec civilian version that depends on EEU instead of NEU, so players can now get extra shield recharge if they have an EEU installed; this should help survival in early/mid-game. (the energy is available, why not use it ? )
- v1.00 (by Thargoid)
- initial release.
|2.0||2020-10-31||CC BY-SA 4.0||Enhanced Shield Recharge||Equipment OXPs||Lone_Wolf||Oolite BB|
For a larger selection of electrical buses/power couplings see Ship Configuration OXP - a very complex .oxp.