Category:Missiles & Bombs
From Elite Wiki
This page collects the zillions of different varieties of missiles & bombs.
- And see What is your favorite OXP missile? (2010) & Pylons (2011)
- Also: How does a missile work? (2012)
- The following OXPs contain large amounts of missiles & bombs (and are the main source of the list beneath):
- Armoury by Thargoid
- Maegil's Missiles by Cmdr. Maegil (old, 2007, still an oxp).
- Missiles and Bombs also by Ramirez
- On the other hand, the über-missiles & mines from the Killit OXP (Superweapon, MegaWeapon, UberWeapon etc) have been omitted as they were never intended for serious play - but rather to make a point about Cheating.
- List of OXPs which also affect missiles or bombs:
- Remove Individual Pylon OXP allows you to swap one missile for another (without needing to sell everything you have - and then finding that the TL is too low to buy everything back)!
- APRIL - automated missile pylon reloader
- Mine Safety Catch prevents premature release
- Status Quo Q-bomb OXP - Q-bombs act as they do in the Status Quo Oolite novel
- Missile Analyser allows the analysis of incoming missiles to allow selection of an appropriate defence
- Missile Booster gives fired missiles a speed boost (useful if flying large slow ships like a Python)
- Missile Beep warns of incoming missiles
- Missile Machine (from Armoury) manufactures the bally things from scratch!
- Missiles modification two tweaks: ECM less effective & dying pilots take more time to launch a missile at you
- Defence against missiles
- Vanilla game defences
- Turn & run (reduced kinetic damage on impact)! Witch Fuel Injectors really help here!
- Target incoming missile with laser - STE helps (...but you may well need an OXP such as SniperLock to succeed)
- Target incoming missile with another missile
- ECM (less useful against Hardheads, of course...)
- OXP Defences
- Anti-Missile System (AMS Darts) (from Armoury) - note that the Vimana HUD has an AMS dart counter
- Chaff (from Missiles and Bombs)
- Defence Mine (from Missiles and Bombs)
- Missile Rack (from Armoury)
- Missile Spoof - a flare-based distraction for Hardheads
- Quirium Cascade Mine Detector - and Target System Plugins warn of the release of Cascade Mines to allow a fast escape!
- The Vanilla game missiles & bombs are:
- Missile (Faulcon de Lacy HM3 Homing Missile)
- ECM Hardened Missile (Faulcon de Lacy ECM-hardened HMX5 homing missile: Hardheads)
- Quirium Cascade Mine (Tyley-Feynman Quirium Cascade Mine)
- Energy Bomb (Medusa Pandora Self-homing Energy Bomb) - discontinued, replaced by the Quirium Cascade Mine above
Pages in category "Missiles & Bombs"
The following 69 pages are in this category, out of 69 total.