Ambiences recommended by Norby
For at least Competent commanders. This collection install many packs at once for a better look and feel.
Beginners should use the 'Ambience Collection' only.
You can remove packages not to your taste after installation.
- Additional Planets - Redspear's suite of oxp's adding extra planets and moons to the solar systems.
- Ambience Collection - Norby's collection for all players, experienced or not!
- Docking Fees - costs a little, but adds some realism and immersion
- Escort Formations - adds offensive and defensive formations used by either traders or pirates
- MFD - Broadcast Comms - communicate with the NPCs - and see how they react! See how you react, too!
- Planetary Compass - names for suns, planets & moons
- Realistic Stars - moves the stars further away from the planets, and more realistic stellar/nebular densities
- Start Choices - easier & harder start choices. Also, career options for miners & traders.
- License: CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0
- Author: Norby
- Version: 1.6
- Required Oolite Version: v.1.79
Gameplay and Balance Indicator
Ambiences usually just affect how things look, not how difficult the game is to play!